- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A Shawn Gus buddy story! I haven't written one of those before haha. Obviously there are major spoilers here.

Betaed by the awesome Val

woohoo my 3rd story in one night!

            Gus had spent his entire life with Shawn and never really understood him. Maybe he understood Shawn in general, but he’d always been lost on one aspect of his friend. How could Shawn be a clown when a life couldn’t get more serious?

            He never understood that until Shawn looked at him with pleading eyes. Then he tried. He picked the most dire moments and lightened them with jokes. Juliet didn’t get it, Lassiter sure as heck didn’t get it—who knew what Mary thought—but every time he saw a little of the tension in Shawn’s shoulders melt he knew it was worth it. He would act out of his mind if he could keep Shawn from losing his.

            Somewhere along the way Gus realized there was more to it than that. He needed the levity as much as Shawn. When he was pretending to be King Kong, at least for that moment, he wasn’t thinking about a psychopath trying to break his best friend.

            He was pretty sure Shawn knew that.

_-_-_

            Gus didn’t care about the car. Ok, maybe that wasn’t true, but this wasn’t about the car. The truth was he couldn’t remember having a worse day than today. To see your best friend tormented, played with like a bug on a stick, and not be able to do anything was the worst feeling possible.

            So, he was feeling a little on the protective side. To the point that he was having a hard time letting Shawn out of his sight.

            When Shawn looked over his shoulder and gave that smile—not the goofy one he normally wore, but that rare genuine one, Gus was sure Shawn knew that too.

 

 



Enter the security code shown below: