- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, it's a little late, but I guess it's in keeping with the prompt. :P Thanks, Jenn, for extending the challenge a week more! (It totally slipped my mind to enter.)

“Hot date last night.”

“Overslept.”

“Busted water pipe.”

“Flat tire.”

“Renegade monkeys.”

“Lost keys.”

“Guys!”

Shawn and Gus turned together to where Juliet sat at her desk, arms crossed and eyebrow raised.

“Yes, Jules?” Shawn blinked innocently from his chair next to Lassiter’s desk.

“What are you two doing?”

“Do you know where Lassie is? Gus and I are trying to figure out where our dear head detective is. It’s a rare day when he comes in late.” Shawn grinned. “Whoever’s right gets treated to smoothies.”

Juliet rolled her eyes but couldn’t help grinning.

“He called to let you know, didn’t he?” Shawn sat up straighter. “What is it?”

“Why don’t you ask him yourself?” She nodded towards the door.

“Lassieface!” Shawn called, jumping up to greet the head detective.

Gus and Juliet exchanged looks.

“Do you want me to bring you something?”

“Shouldn’t Shawn be asking me that?” Juliet grinned. “You got it right with the tire theory.”

“Knowing Shawn, I’ll be buying no matter what.” Gus shook his head.

“I’m good, thanks.”

“So what was it?” Shawn’s eyes lit up as he and Lassiter approached the head detective’s desk. “You were abducted by aliens, weren’t you?”



Enter the security code shown below: