- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
contains some references to the 3rd season's Christmas episode--spoilers, too
“I can’t believe this.” Shawn paced in his bedroom, in the shorts and T-shirt he’d quickly changed into. Without female undergarments, the T-shirt was still showy, but at least he was relatively more decent. He kept shooting glances at the mirror as he paced.

The picture in the mirror, no matter which way he turned, was of a barefoot young woman with long, dark hair and bluish eyes. The girl was voluptuous in the right spots, definitely the kind of girl Shawn would have looked twice at on the beach.

“I know!” said Gus. “It’s terrible! But the fortune cookie said ‘one day.’ So you only have to lay low and—”

“No,” said Shawn. He stopped in front of the mirror and spread his arms. “Dude, look at me! I’m a babe!”

Gus’s eyes widened.

“You’re gaping again, Gus.”

“Shawn!”

Great, the scolding voice. What had he done now? Gus stood up, towering over him, looking highly incensed.

“You’re—trapped in a girl’s body—you look nothing like yourself—and—and you’re talking about—!”

“Chill out, Gus. Like you said, it’s only for one day. Besides, this could be fun. I’ll go down to the precinct, and bond with Jules. Maybe go shoe shopping or something, I don’t know. What do girls do? Anyway, then I can ask her if she knows any cute guys, and she can, oh, start talking about this cute psychic detective she knows…”

An anticipatory gleam lit Shawn’s eyes. “Talk about knowing how the other half lives!” He chuckled, and rubbed his hands together. “The real dish! Heck, maybe I’ll even learn some other things I’ve always wanted to know.”

Gus’s eyes widened slightly. “Like…?”

“Like how they get their feet into those high heeled shoes! What, were you thinking something dirty?” He grinned at Gus, and waggled his eyebrows.

Gus looked away quickly. “Don’t do that, Shawn?”

“What?”

“It looks weird, when you’re a girl!” He slapped a hand to his face. “Man, I hope I never hear myself say that again,” he said under his breath.

“Don’t worry, I’ll remind you.” Shawn grabbed his sneakers. “Now don’t you wish I’d had a sister? She’d have been hot, and you could’ve dated her.” He paused in the middle of tying shoelaces. “Although, that wouldn’t be quite fair, since you didn’t want me to date your sister…”

“Well, I’m not a completely irresponsible layabout!”

“Layabout? Really, Gus? And I’ll have you know I’m very responsible! Didn’t I invite that girl cat into my apartment last Christmas? What’s more important than saving a cat on Christmas?”

“Fleas, Shawn. It was covered with fleas! They had to spray the whole building!”

Shawn shrugged. “Details. I’m a big-picture man. Or woman, temporarily.”

Shawn frowned down at the shoes he’d finished tying. “Man! These are too big now! Hey, that reminds me.” Shawn looked up. “You have to drive me somewhere to get some new clothes, before you take me to the precinct. I can’t see Jules like this.”

He stood up, shaking back his luxurious, new, female hair, completely unselfconsciously. “Oh, and I’m outta money. Can you spot me a…hundred?”

Gus rolled his eyes and reached for his wallet. Definitely still Shawn.



Enter the security code shown below: