- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I did this same story for Jim/Pam on the Office. It was kinda fun trying it out with different characters. I only took about 15 minutes writing it because I'm impatient and impulsive, so hopefully it's not too terrible!
"And how are you this evening, my dear?" Shawn greeted his new bride in his best-bad-British accent.

Juliet smiled, wrinkling her nose at the same time. He was so corny. She loved it. "I'm fine," she finally replied, kissing him on the cheek as she sat on the couch next to him. "But I'd better not ever catch you calling me your dear again!"

Shawn clutched his heart in mock devastation. "And why not?"

"Oh," she sighed, "because, that's what my dad always used to call my mom when they were arguing."

Shawn pulled her a little closer. "Well then you'd better set me straight. What pet names am I allowed?"

Juliet cocked her head to one side as she thought. "Well, Jules for every day...Detective, in front of Carlton (otherwise he'll have a conniption)...and...um..." she struggled to think of another pet name she wouldn't mind.

"My little pineapple slice?" Shawn offered.

Juliet giggled and intertwined her fingers in his. "Yes, but only on very special occasions."

"Okay, it's a deal," Shawn agreed. Juliet had by this point nestled her head on his chest while he wrapped his arms gently around her. "But," he continued, "what am I supposed to call you when we argue? You know it's going to happen eventually. I mean, I know I'm pretty much awesome, but..."

"But eventually you're bound to do something stupid like start a Koi pond in our bathtub?"

"The salesmen said they were soothing!"

"Yeah, but not when they get in the way of my bubble baths."

They lapsed into a contented silence for a few moments before Shawn decided on the answer to his own question. "Mrs. Spencer!"

"Hmm?"

"That's what I'll call you when we fight. Mrs Spencer."

Juliet bolted upright and turned to look at her husband. Slowly, she shook her head. "No."

"No?"

"No. You can never call me Mrs Spencer when you're upset. Only when your completely...blissfully happy."

Shawn nodded very seriously. Suddenly, he gave her his most adorable half grin and pulled her closer so they were very close talking. Then, just before kissing his wife, he whispered, "And how are you this evening, Mrs. Spencer?"


Enter the security code shown below: