- Text Size +
Juliet lay on her bathroom floor in a tight curled up ball. Her stomach ached with an intensity, and she felt like she was going to cry if she moved. Juliet could barely breathe without her stomach cramping up on her. She knew she wasn't going to be able to go to work today, let alone get up to get herself an Advil. 'Periods suck!'  she thought to herself as she reached for her phone. She pressed 1 on speed dial, and Shawn answered on the second ring.
 "Hey Jules! Why are you calling? Not that I don't mind. Are we going to see a movie, get some buttered up popcorn and some greasy hotdogs?" his cheerful tone greeted her.
Just the thought of that made her stomach feel grotesque.
"Shawn please don't talk about food. I need you to tell Lassiter I am sick." Her voice sounded strained, and tired.
"Jules, are you okay? How sick are you? Do you need anything? How can I help?" Shawn rapidly spit out questions.
"I would be going to work if I was okay. I haven't thrown up yet, but I feel revolting. I need an Advil, a blanket, and a pillow to sleep on my bathroom floor. And you can bring me that stuff if you want."
"Okay. I'm on it Jules."
"Bye."
"Wait!"
"Okay..."
"Get better soon. Please."
Juliet smiled as she drifted off into some sort of sleep. She woke up, feeling much better, and she saw Shawn sitting up next to her. A pillow was on his lap, and her head was laying on it. He had gently laid a blanket on her while she was sleeping. His brow was furrowed in concern. Juliet saw how much he cared, as he stroked through her beautiful hair.
"Jules! You are awake. Here you go."
Shawn handed her a water bottle, and handed her the pill. Her fingers brushed across his hand, and she let them stay there for a moment before swallowing the pill.
Truth be told, she was feeling back to normal after her nap. Or maybe it was because her head was laying in Shawn's lap, and he was making contact every chance he could that was making her feel better. She reached for his hand and Shawn placed hers in his happily.
"You know what Shawn?"
"What?"
"I'm actually feeling a lot better."
"Good. I brought some chicken noodle soup, I'll go get you some."
She yanked him back down to where she was.
"No. Stay here."
He grinned, and very slowly kissed her on the forehead.
"That was cheap."
"Well what do you want Jules?"
"I want something more along the lines of this."
She moved from her position to staddle him. She cupped his cheeks in her hand and kissed him with all the passion and emotion she had within her. Shawn eagerly responded, and he smiled when they broke away.
"You know what Jules?"
"What?"
"I agree. That was way better than a kiss on the forehead. I knew you couldn't resist throwing yourself at me. It was my irresistible boyish charm wasn't it?"
She smiled as she moved in for another kiss. Today was turning out much better than it had been. That, Shawn and Juliet were sure of.
Chapter End Notes:

Reviews would be nice:D



Enter the security code shown below: