- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A nice light chapter for y'alll(:
"Declan has apparently moved since the last time we've contacted him, O'Hara." Lassiter said as they pulled up to a mansion that was large enough to be qualified a castle.

"Really? He bought a castle? A castle? He could have anything and he buys a dinky castle. If I had billions of dollars, I'd buy like, Gatsby's house or something. At least that is beachfront." Shawn sneered.

Gus's jaw hung open in awe. "Oh my Gosh! This is an exact replica of Bran's castle."

She scrunched his face up in confusion. "Nature's broom has it's own castle?"

Gus rolled his eyes. "No, Shawn. I'm talking about the Bran castle located in Romania, also known as Dracula's castle, built in 1212 as a means of defense against the Turks."

"What are you, castle shopping so you just had to know that?"

"It's called knowledge, Shawn. Maybe you should use it sometime." Gus said as he walked ahead with Lassiter.

"C'mon son." Shawn muttered under his breath.

"You okay?" Juliet asked as she walked in stride with Shawn.

"Me? I'm pineapple perfect, Jules. That should be a Chapstick flavor."

"Am I going to have to make you wait in the car?"

"I see you're already practicing the whole parenting thing." He muttered.

"Shawn, I'm serious. Are you going to be okay in there?"

He looked over at her. "No way am I letting him lay his perfectly manicured hands on you. Nope."

"I wouldn't even let that happen! You and I are having a baby together. We're bound together. Even if I wasn't carrying your child, I could never go back to the... Luxurious, relaxing, princess life of-"

"Juuuules!" He whined.

"I'm kidding." She laughed. "But the point is, you have nothing to worry about."

He grumbled a few things about how dumb it was to buy a castle and she rolled her eyes.

"You need to trust me." She said firmly. "Or else- I don't know how we're going to do this. I trust you!"

He watched her stalk ahead and he groaned, realizing this probably made matters worse. Dealing with this, his girl's ex, a murderer, and the fact that he was going to be a father was hectic.

As they arrived at his doorstep, Declan actually answered the door within seconds.

"Has no friends." Shawn murmured to Gus, who was still baffled by the castle.

"Declan Rand, nice to see you!" Lassiter stuck out his hand and shook the dark man's hand. His brooding eyes immediately gave Juliet a once over and he smiled a sly smile.

"The pleasure is all mine, detective. Boys." He nodded and Shawn and Gus. Then he took Juliet's hand and kissed it. "Juliet."

"You are a serial killer." Shawn declared, breaking any sort of moment that Declan was trying to create.

"This idiot means we need to ask you some questions." Lassiter said, glaring at Shawn. "Though we highly doubt you were involved."

"Some do. Most don't." Shawn nodded and Declan sighed.

"Look, guys, I couldn't have done a single thing. I just landed last night. I'd been in... Italy." He looked sadly at Juliet. "Searching for meaning."

"Look, dude, it's been like two years-" Shawn began.

"Shawn." Juliet scolded. "Declan, we'd still like to ask you a few questions. Just to see if you have any useful information for us."

"Like how you got this castle?" Gus asked.

Declan smiled and led them inside. It was even more marvelous on the inside, sending each person to gasp. Even Shawn had to hold back with all his might.

"I know a guy." Declan smiled as his butler walked in bearing snacks.

"It's almost like you expected us." Shawn began.

"I saw you guys within my radar 5 miles ahead. You stopped at a Quick-Mart right? Which explains the color of your tongues." He pointed at Shawn's blue tongue and Gus's green tongue.

"You boneheads told me you were asking about security cameras!" Lassiter growled. "What the hell were you doing?"

"There was a buy one get one free sale for ring pops. We actually just bought the entire box, but still. And there aren't any cameras at Quick-Mart. It's ancient there Lassie."

Lassiter looked down at Juliet. "Your poor child... Or whatever it comes out to be."

"Child?" Declan's eyes perked up. "You have a child? How old?" He seemed super interested Shawn knew why. He wanted to see if he could be the father if it were five.

"Still in the negatives Dec old buddy old pal." Shawn smiled. He patted Juliet's flat tummy. "He's going to be the cutest thing."

Declan snorted. "I'm sorry, but you're the father?"

"Who else would be?"

"Please tell me someone else could be." Lassiter asked. "Please be you so I can rich... I mean, O'Hara and her little thing could be rich."

"No one else!" Juliet sighed.

"I'm just saying, Shawn Spencer a dad. Never thought I'd see that day. I've always thought kids were the windows to the future."

"Me too!" Juliet smiled.

"I've always felt kids were prone to pooping themselves. Just like Gus."

Gus was too busy wandering to say anything in retort to this comment.

"You'll have the joy of that too. Though if it's Juiet's baby. I'm sure itll be gorgeous." Declan smiled.

"Man if you had a baby it would have caterpillar eyebrows and a beard. How many times a day do you have to-"

Juliet nudged him and through gritted teeth. "Shawn. Stop it."

He stood back like a limp puppy as Lassiter smiled in satisfaction at the discipline.

"Declan do you know anything about a hot tamale killer?" Lassiter asked.

"Yeah, that's the killer that was attacking the country right? Heard the spree was intense..."

"Like shopaholics but with killing." Shawn muttered.

"Have you had any feelings of hatred towards Spencer? Other than the average man would?"

"I think Shawn needs a Juliet. Though I'm not sure why she chose him over me, and I'm still hurt over it, I haven't thought about killing him or anything."

"I have." Lassiter grumbled.

"Same." Gus sighed.

"I suppose that clears things up, Declan. We'll keep in touch." Juliet said as they began to walk out.

Declan took her arm and Shawn was about to shoot Juliet a look, but decided he was in hot water as was so he just walked out.

"Um Declan?"

"I miss you." He said.

"I-that was like 2 years ago!"

"I can give you and your baby a life, Juliet. I can do more than faking psychic divinations and risking my neck. I would be here for you. No matter what."

"Declan, I am flattered. I really am-"

"But you still want Shawn."

"He's going to be a good daddy. He just has to get used to the idea."

"Juliet... Was there ever a chance?"

"I don't think so." She said softly. "This is how it happened and I'm glad it did happen this way. Because I am going to have a beautiful baby, be a mother, have a family unit for once in my life. With someone I love too."

"You really love him."

"I do. More than I think he knows. And there is going to be another girl for you. It just isn't me."

He nodded sullenly. "I needed this."

She nodded. "Thank you for your time."

She shut the door behind her and sighed. Now, it was time for Luntz.


Enter the security code shown below: