- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I knew what I wanted to do almost as soon as I saw the new prompt, so I ended up writing it about 6 hours after it was posted. XD Well at least I can read everyone else's first this time! =D No warnings or ratings apply here, so you're all safe from any traumatic experiences this time. XD Please enjoy~!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Pain.

The memories pulled Shawn forward, guiding him between the low branches that exploded with fiery leaves like fireworks on a July night. His body swiftly wove through, remembering every tiny dip in the earth's surface, every fallen branch that would trip him, that one stray wire in the fence that used to stab him.

Tears.

Shawn hesitated at the familiar opening, then took a deep breath and crawled into the tiny hollow inside the bushes. Jamie was a tiny mess of blonde hair, hugging her knees like they where an anchor keeping her from blowing away in a storm. She didn't look up.

"How did you know I'd be here?" Jamie mumbled.

"This used to be my hiding place," Shawn answered. "I used to come here when I didn't want to be found."

A sniff. Tentatively, Shawn reached his arm around her tiny shoulders, drawing her close. She sat with him, tears no longer hidden.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "Mommy and I won't fight anymore."

"Promise?"

Suddenly Shawn was a kid again.

Curled up.

Alone.

And his heart broke.

"I promise," he whispered.

Jamie took a deep, shuddering breath, and snuggled in deeper.

And Shawn felt something new.

Peace.
Chapter End Notes:
I've been craving father-daughter fluff so badly lately . . . So I decided to ignore everything that happened in season 8 and the movie and make my own rules! :P It ended up being longer that 200 words at first, so I had to mix and match and cut a little bit, but now it's exactly 200 on-the-nose according to Google Docs! :P I hope you liked it, I know my heart is crying XD I can't wait to see what y'all will post! ^^


Enter the security code shown below: