- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another 1976: A Psych Odyssey inspired chapter. Idk if you can tell but that ep hurt me a little. Anyways this takes place at the very end of the episode when Shawn first woke up.

Prompt: Sound of Silence
The empty mattress, her suitcases gone, sun streaming through the window, they all confirmed his suspicions. Juliet had left, without him.

With a sigh, Shawn fell back against his pillow, running his hands down his face. He should have realized sooner. All the clues were there. Before he had even opened his eyes, he hadn’t heard a thing. There was no gentle breathing, no rustling of sheets as she snuggled deeper into the pillows, not even her quiet snoring that she so adamantly denied doing. Nothing.

His stomach dropped as he realized he didn’t even hear her leave. He didn’t hear the blaring alarm that was supposed to wake them both up. He didn’t hear the sheets being thrown back, followed by padded footsteps, the zipping of luggage and the door gently closing. There wasn’t the sound of her moving around in the house or the distant sound of her car starting up and driving off. He didn’t remember hearing anything. And that made it all the worst.

He never wished so badly for the silence to be broken. He would give anything just to hear a single sound from her but now, all he could hear was white noise.


Enter the security code shown below: