- Text Size +
Story Notes:
For some reason, the Shawn and Henry relationship seems to be fun to write about. This will be an alternate universe story. I thought it might be fun to examine how Shawn would be different if he was a police detective. Please let me know what you think.
Author's Chapter Notes:

Not much too say.  I love watching Shawn and Henry interact.  This is the set-up.  Hope to have more soon.  Thanks for reading.

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Did you ever hear that expression, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it"?  Well, the other night I had a dream where that exact thing happened to me.  At least I think it was a dream.  My son Shawn has been, up to now, what I would consider a major disappointment and I've told him so.  He was trained to be next in line to continue my dedication to protect and serve, to be a great police detective.  The kid has impressive observational skills.  He can memorize something he sees for about a minute.  His deductive reasoning is outstanding.  He would have been a great detective.  Well, I guess now he is a detective, sort of.  He would call tips in to the department and the tips were so good that they busted him, thinking he was a suspect.  They thought no one could be that good.  Next thing you know, my kid is telling them that he's psychic.  Then he's solving crimes with his best friend Gus, while faking that he's a psychic.  Sometimes all I want to do is scream at him to grow up.        

            So the other night he comes over to my place.  He seems to come over when he's stumped.  He's working on this case and he hasn't got a clue where to go next.  I can tell that this case has really gotten to him.  A little girl is missing and he has to find her.  I tell him in my gruff way that he has to keep his head. 

"Emotions will stop you from seeing everything kid," I tell him.  That just sets him off for some reason.

"Yeah you'd know Dad," he scoffs.

"What exactly does that mean," I said as I raised my voice.   

"I'm pretty sure that you don't have any emotions, but anger and disappointment," he yells back.

"Well if you weren't such a screw-up, maybe I'd be happier."  As soon as I said it I regretted it.  Part of me meant it, but part of me well, didn't.  When he didn't respond, I looked up at him and saw such sadness on his face.  Then the expression quickly changed to anger.

"I don't why I came here," he said.

"Shawn."  I started to offer an apology.  We can really get each other going. 

 "Bye Dad," he said as he grabbed his helmet and starting walking out the front door.  I didn't stop him, just watched him go.  I listened to his motorcycle rev up and drive away.  I sighed as I sat down on my couch.

"That went well.  Man, why couldn't you have just been what I wanted," I said out loud to myself.  I laid back and stretched out.  I felt myself dozing off.  The next time I opened my eyes my world had completely changed.

Chapter End Notes:

Should I keep going?  I probably will anyway, but thought it would be interesting to ask.



Enter the security code shown below: