- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Decided to make this a one-shot to help with the writer's block I'm experiencing on my other story...An Extra Spencer...Check it out. This is really out of character and it kept popping in my head trying to write the other. I wanted to expel it and move on. AU
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy.
Shawn couldn’t believe that he had been on three dates with Detective Juliet O’Hara. Their friendship was budding into something more and he knew that this girl was a keeper. He was worried though. He had a talk with Gus about the situation, and Gus insisted that Juliet needed to be in on his huge “I’m a fake psychic” secret, especially since they were starting to get serious with their relationship. “Shawn, you can never take this relationship to another level if you don’t tell Juliet your secret. You know she is going to find out soon. You have to tell her.” Shawn hung his head in defeat. He knew he had to, but for once in his life he was scared to death of losing a female. Normally he was the one running away and leaving the girl in the cold. This time, however, he was afraid karma was going to come back and do it to him. He sighed and shook his head. Gus was right. Tonight was going to be the night that he told her.

Throughout dinner that evening, Shawn could never find the appropriate time to tell Jules. Everything was going great and he was having so much fun. He didn’t want to ruin everything. He decided it would be best to wait until they were in private at the end of the evening to tell his huge secret to Juliet. On the ride home, he was particularly quiet, and Juliet asked what was wrong. He just smiled and said nothing. He was choking and he knew it. He went to walk Jules to her door and he knew it had to be now.

“Listen Jules, there is something that I wanted to tell you all evening, but it was never a good time.” Juliet looked up at him with an anxious look on her face. “Yeah Shawn?” Shawn swallowed, he had never been this nervous before, “Well I’m not really psychic. I…” Shawn paused when he saw the look of shock and anger on Juliet’s face. He was afraid she might slap him. Instead, the door slammed in his face. He put his ear to the door listening for her retreating footsteps. What he heard shocked him. It wasn’t footsteps but attempts to muffle a sob. His heart was breaking. He knocked and said, “Wait Jules, please let me explain. I first made the story up because Lassiter wanted to arrest me for being an accomplice to a crime because I knew too much. Turns out, my father trained me all my life to be observant. We used to play these awful games before I could eat that would make me be a better detective. Please, one thing lead to another and things grew out of proportion. When Chief Vick asked me to be a consultant, it was hard to refuse since I had no income at the time. Jules, please say something.” Shawn heard Juliet clear her throat on the other side, “Shawn please leave me alone.” Shawn’s heart shattered and he headed home to his apartment.

Shawn immediately got his bottle of Jack out that he reserved for emergencies only. He drank a couple of gulps out of it as he replayed the night’s events over in his head again. He never knew he could be this upset over a girl….’Not just any girl’ he reminded himself. He lost track of time as he lay on the couch. Suddenly, there was a knock at his door. He got up, and realized he might have overindulged himself in the Jack. He opened the door and there stood Detective Juliet O’Hara, visibly tipsy.

He went to speak and before he could say anything, her mouth was on his, and he was kissing her back. He finally got the door shut as he half carried, half stumbled with the detective in his arms across the living room. They were clumsy and desperate, not even breaking apart when the lamp fell over and shattered. Articles of clothing began to come off as he led the detective to his bed. Both of them had been drinking, but neither seemed to be able to resist. It just felt to right, the proverbial butterflies in the stomach and toes.

Everything felt so intense and right between the two. The only time they separated was to gasp for breath and to take off clothes. The two were entwined and fell into the satin sheets. Everything felt perfect and amazing. It was even better than either had dreamed. Suddenly, Shawn awoke in his bed with a pounding headache. He was upset and flustered all the same. He knew that telling Juliet had not ended well and resulted in him hitting the bottle a little too hard. But everything else seemed so realistic. He got up to make his way to the bathroom and noticed that his clothes were scattered everywhere along with a pink shirt that he knew did not belong to him.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoy...If the demand is there, I may continue.


Enter the security code shown below: