- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: Shawn Spencer and the alike are not mine. They are the property of Steve Franks, everyone working on “Psych,” and the USA network. Boo.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, I went there.

            “O’Hara,” Juliet answered her phone.

            “Hey pretty mama,” was the return greeting – from Elvis.

            She smiled as she replied, “Oh my God, Elvis?!” She pretended, but immediately followed it with, “Hi, Shawn – how’s it going?”

            There was a slam at the other end. Books on a table? Maybe a hand punching through a nearby wall? Hopefully it wasn’t anything having to do with a piece of wood, a Gregorian chant, and a head – minus the Gregorian chant. “Really, Jules? I had you for a second, didn’t I? And I thought my Elvis was down pat. How did you know?”

            “You’re the only person I know who would try to convince me that he’s Elvis. And …” she paused for a second, “he’s dead. You do know that, right?”

            “You can keep telling yourself that, Jules, but I know you’re one of us who doesn’t buy into that whole ‘Elvis-is-dead’ conspiracy. I bet Pricilla has him locked up somewhere –”

            Shawn was cut off by an exasperated “PLEASE!” from Juliet. “He died before you even knew who he was.”

            “Yes, but he was still there – in spirit,” Shawn half-heartedly argued. He hadn’t expected this conversation to go anywhere from the moment he dialed her number; he was just looking for something to entertain himself and unashamedly impersonating Elvis was what he had chosen this time.

            Juliet laughed. “Alright, well, I’ve got a bunch of work to do – there’s this case I’m working on and it’s taken so many different turns …” her voice trailed off at the end.

            “Aw, I appreciate you asking me for help, but I’m working on a case myself,” Shawn retorted.

            “Asking you for help? Where did you get that idea?” Juliet asked, flabbergasted.

            “Why else would you have told me you’re working on a case? You obviously want my help and can’t survive without it. Its okay, Jules, you can admit it.”

            Juliet laughed again – as she never failed to do when she was talking to Shawn. “No, Shawn, I was subtly telling you that I need to get off the phone and get back to work.”

            “That was my second guess.”

            “Uh huh,” she answered sarcastically. “I’ll talk to you later, Shawn.”

            “Really? You mean you’re giving me permission to call later and we’ll watch the same show at the same time and talk about it during commercials? Or maybe we can make plans to get our nails done. I know this great place over by–”

            He was cut off again with a slightly less than infuriated “That’s not what I meant.” She was clearly getting frustrated as she said, “Bye, Shawn.”

            “See you later, pretty mama,” he ended the same way he had started the conversation.

            Juliet hung up the phone and rolled her eyes. Just as she was about to get back to her work, she noticed Chief Vick approaching her.

            “O’Hara,” she was called.

            “Yes, Chief?” Juliet answered.

            “I need your help with something.”

            Juliet’s face lightened a little. She hoped it was something personal. She always looked forward to the day when the Chief would greet her as a friend, rather than an employee. “Anything, Chief.”

            “I just got briefed on a new case and I need someone to go undercover,” Vick told her. She then proceeded to give Juliet all the details. “What I’m asking of you is if you know anyone who could handle this.”

            Juliet stood in silence for a few seconds. She was stunned. It was so ironic. Finally she was able to stammer out, “I know the perfect person.”

Chapter End Notes:

DUNDUNDUUUUUUN! To be continued ...

I shamelessly referenced Monty Python and the Holy Grail – which is my favorite movie of all time. And despite my age – almost 16 – and having been born in the '90's, I'm a fan of Elvis. No, I'm not a super hardcore "Elvis is still alive" fan, nor am I so into him that I voted for Priscilla on Dancing with the Stars. No sir, I didn't. But I'm still a fan nonetheless.

Cross-posted on FF.net.



Enter the security code shown below: