- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A disclaimer in haiku:

Lassie-face hates Shawn.

Shawn knows he loves Juliet.

I don't own Psych. Truth.

Spoilers: Uh . . . super mild ones for 9 Lives . . . um . . . Game, Set . . . Muuurder maybe . . . Srsly, I don't know that any of them are really anything to worry about.

Oh there is a MAJOR one from the pilot, but, Dude, if you haven't seen that yet why are you even here? ;D

And as to the warnings . . . also nothing really super major that I can think of but just in case. I'm not sure how 'sensitive' sensitive material is so, yeah.

Author's Chapter Notes:

*a kevlar battle helmet covered head pokes up behind a wall of titanium fronted by sandbags*

Okay, first I need to apologize for being the biggest freaking hypocrite in the universe.

No lie.

See, any of you who have gotten reviews from me know that I badger and berate and threaten you to post faster and I know that most of you are posting as you go. You actually have an excuse to delay between posts because you're still writing the story.

Me? I'm just selfish. ;D

But I'm going to try to make it *look* like I'm not by telling you that I'm only posting one chapter a week even though it's completely finished and betaed because I'm hoping this will give me the time to finish and beta my next story before this one is fully posted, thus lessening the wait between stories.

But I promise if things move faster than I anticipate and I'm ready to post sooner I will definitely speed this one up.

Until then . . . Sorry! *ducks and takes cover in preparation for the massive assault she knows is coming to rain down on her head*

Oh and thanks go to Lily and Luna, the two bestest betas in existence. Without them this story would have been a third of what it is in both length and quality. Ladies, you rock the house. :D

Also thanks go to Emily...Omelet without whose excellent knowledge of Psych episodes in the face of extreme blondeness this story would never have been finished. You rock too!

No canon characters were permanently harmed in the making of this fic. (Although it was a close one for some of them, believe you me. *coughcoughHenrycoughcough*)


September 2006


Shawn and Gus entered the spacious entryway of the McCallum home, their eyes taking in the lavishly decorated rooms, high ceilings, and numerous police officers present.

Whoa,” Shawn said in appreciation. He half laughed at the thought of what living in a place like this must be like, but pushed it aside almost immediately. He was a professional—or at least a reasonable facsimile of one—and he had to act the part.

Now just, act natural,” he reminded Gus as they found the large living room where Detectives Lassiter and Barry were conducting their investigation.

He and Gus stopped in the doorway and Shawn cleared his throat and smiled. He also adjusted his hands on the CD case he'd appropriated from the trashcan outside to make it less obvious.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to look as a hush fell over the room.

Shawn's smile widened and then Gus grabbed his arm and pushed him back into the hallway.

They know.”

“How could they know?” Shawn asked.

“They know,” Gus repeated.

“We haven’t said anything yet,” Shawn countered.

“They know,” Gus insisted. “I can feel it.”

“Oh. You’re a psychic now, too?” Shawn asked sarcastically.

“You’re not a psychic,” Gus reminded his friend.

Shawn glanced at the room full of witnesses and then pushed Gus a little further away and lowered his voice.

Gus, let’s just be clear on one thing. The only way they can absolutely prove that I am not a psychic is if I tell them. And I can guarantee you that is the one thing I will never do.”

o.o

Chapter End Notes:

Soo . . . intrigued yet?

I know I am! :D

Please be kind and review (and for those of you bitter over the unfairness of my behavior towards you in regards to demanding updates, flaming is so understandable. I won't hold it against you at all.)



Enter the security code shown below: