- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Author's Chapter Notes:
Wanted something light and fun, somehow turned into this...
    "Are zebras white with black stripes, or black with white stripes?"
    Shawn laughed, "Oh come on Jules, my questions were so much better. Everyone knows that zebras aren't white at all, but their fur is clear and just reflects the white of the snow around them."
    Juliet sat up in her chair, giving her boyfriend, who was sprawled on her desk, an odd look. "First of all, your questions were not better. You asked me why the chicken crosses the road and why St. Elmo's Bar never caught on fire. Those were not good questions, at all. Secondly, you're thinking of polar bears, Shawn. Plus, zebras live in Africa, they don't even live in snow."
    "They do to!"
    "Not even a little bit."
    "Then what was the movie Eight Below about?"
    "That was about dogs."
    "...Why did I see it?"
    "You promised you'd see it with me. And don't even try to say it was a bad movie, I know you cried."
    "I did not! It was-"
    "You are not allergic to popcorn, or perfume, or movie lighting, or the guy's hair, or snow."
    "You took all the good ones, Jules."
    "Sometimes I think I didn't get all the good ones."
    "I think that was supposed to be an insult. If so, I'm offended. You totally love me, though."
    He grinned at her from the desk and she granted him a smile, running a hand through his hair. "I do. I wonder why sometimes."
    "Gus thinks I'm awesome. Speaking of that giant malt-ball of knowledge, I bet Gus knows about the zebras. I guess that they're white with black stripes. If I'm right then I get to pick our next date."
    "Deal."
    "Gus!"
    "What do you want now, Shawn? I'm strategizing."
    Shawn sat up, wiggling his toes, which were only covered in socks, shoes abandoned somewhere on the other side of the empty station. He and Juliet looked expectantly toward Lassiter's desk, where he and Gus were playing a game of cards.
    "Don't be a bounce-less bouncy ball, you're playing War."
    Gus huffed, and Juliet piped up, "What color stripes do zebras have?"
    "Zebras have white stripes, because if you shave them their skin is black."
    "You need a hobby, Guster."
    "Look who's talking."
    "...Why is O'Hara dancing?"
    "She won the bet."
    "Bet?"
    "If those two ask a random piece of trivia and then one of them dances, 99% of the time it was a bet. You don't want to know about the other 1%."
    Juliet pecked Shawn on the lips, "We're going to the zoo!"
    "The zoo?"
    "Of course! They just opened some new exhibits. I heard they have some otters in the nursery, and you know I can't miss that."
    "Can we visit the squirrel monkeys?"
    "Only if you promise not to play on the playground and scare off all the little children-"
    "I can't promise that."
    "You didn't let me finish. You aren't allowed to play without me. I bet I can beat you on the monkey bars."
    "Five dollars and a bucket of dino fries says you can't."
    "Those two are children," Lassiter and Gus both flipped down cards, and Lassiter pulled them over to his pile, "And since when did we get a zoo?"
Chapter End Notes:

All our favorite detectives just hanging out C: Talking about deep, philosophical things and feelings and such. The SBPD's very own Breakfast Club.

Sad the Shules ficathon is over D: I rather liked having prompts. I'm gonna be bored now. Hmm... any suggestions? (Whump and/or Shules related suggestions = always love).

Hope you enjoyed! Reviews always loved.



Enter the security code shown below: