- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ahh I broke the rule about not going to anybody's places of residence. But I don't think it was too terribly story altering.

"Hey Jules! Meet me by the beach at 4:45." Shawn spoke into the receiver eagerly.

"Any particular reason Shawn?" She shot back, seeing if there was a catch to his sudden excitement.

"Hmmmmm. Nope. Just trust me." Shawn smiled.

"Okay. I'll see you in thirty minutes." Juliet hung up.

Shawn broke into his father's house, looking for a blanket to bring on his date with Juliet. He would use one of his own, but he wanted to use a fluffy one. He remembered when he was a kid, he used to have a really large one, and he knew it was in his dad's garage somewhere. He spotted the blanket, and lunged towards it. He grabbed the blanket, and was about to leave, when he accidentally knocked over an oil can. 'Crap!' He thought to himself as he grabbed some paper towels and he quickly cleaned it up.

Juliet got dressed, fixed her hair and makeup and got into her car. She turned on her radio, and heard the familiar sound of classical music enchanting her ears and invigorating her mind. As she drove to the beach, she drove past a fruit stand, and saw Shawn buying a pineapple. It didn't surprise her. She giggled, and thought about how excited she was for their date. Was it a date? She thought, her heart race speeding up.

Shawn sped to the beach, and to his great foturne, he got there before Juliet did. He layed out the blanket, and started to slice up their pineapple. Juliet layed down next to him, and smiled widely at the sight of her new favorite fruit and her always favorite Psychic. Shawn was slicing it in a different way than he normally did. Instead of slicing it into chunks, he sliced them into strips. Her detective skills kicked in, and she saw the nervousness in his eyes. She also noticed the Curcuma boquet that he placed in the sand. She wondered how he had gotten the flower, but soon let it escape her mind.

"Hey Jules."

"Hi Shawn."

"Do you want some pineapple?"

"I would be shocked if you didn't ask me that question."

The two munched on pineapple as they talked about how stressed out they were, and then they began to joke around and smile and laugh like they normally did. Suddenly Shawn said something totally random.

"Jules. We have a problem."

"What is it?" She asked confusedly and sadly.

"There's only one pineapple slice left. And I know that both of us really want it."

"We'll just cut it down the middle." She sighed, relieved.

"Well Jules. That just messes up the taste of the pineapple. Neither of us want that." His voice got quiet, like it always did when he wanted to make a move on her.

"That is quite true Shawn." She was elated, but she wasn't going to let it show.

"So I have this idea. We both bite of ends of the pineapple, until we reach the middle." He was slightly shaking, but she just smiled.

"That sounds grand."

Shawn put the first part of the pineapple in her mouth, and put the other end in his mouth. He let her take a bite, and then he did. This went on until they were millimeters away from each other. It was Shawn's turn, and very gently, he put his hand on her cheek. He bit off the end of the pineapple, and their lips crashed together. It was a fruity kiss, and it was full of passion. They finally broke apart in need of oxygen.

"Shawn?"

"Yeah Jules?" His voice was nervous.

"That was the best kiss I've ever had in my entire life."

"Thank goodness. I worked really hard on trying to make this moment perfect."

"Know what else?"

"What Jules?" He moved the hair out of her face, ready to move in for another kiss.

"This is quite possibly the fluffiest blanket I have ever laid on in my entire life."

"Hmm. Well than you haven't lied on me before." He winked and they kissed again.

Chapter End Notes:
So? Comments? Thoughts?


Enter the security code shown below: