- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Sequel time! I do not own Psych, nor will I ever. :( I was dying to write this the entire time I wrote Sydney so I'm glad to finally get to it.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here we go again! New story, new start! Hope you enjoy! :)
A sigh came from the other side. “Fine, I wish you would reconsider.”

“And I wish my mother was alive but we don’t always get what we wish for.”

After a moment of awkward silence the person on the other line finally answered. “I’m sorry for your loss.”

“Me too. This is something I have to do. Something I’ve dreamed of doing. Plus, it’s my turn to be normal. Figure out who I am.”

“You’re too special to be normal but if I can’t convince you to change your mind, good luck.”

~~~~~~~~~

“Who’s her mother?”

“Becca.”

Henry’s eyes grew wide. “Shawn, please tell me you didn’t do it in the back of a stolen car.”

“If it will make you feel better…” Shawn knew he had a sheepish grin on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Must have been her mother. And you know, there’s something else.”

“What?”

“She’s hiding something, like we were talking and we’d get on a subject and she’d start talking and boy is she smart. But then she’d act like she shouldn’t know that much.”

“You mean like a genius hiding behind childlike behavior and 80s references.”

Shawn had to admit, she had a point. “Yeah, exactly like that.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I’m getting some seriously bad vibes, haven’t had one like this since right before…”

“Before?”

He heard her sigh. “Before I found my mom.”

“How did she die?”

“I really don’t want to talk about it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Are you sure?” She made her way behind the desk and took a seat.

“I’m sure. Lassie had Woody run a paternity test. We should have the results next week. But she’s…”

“She’s like you?”

“You’re asking me if…”

“I’m asking you if she’s psychic.” She leaned forward and looked him right in the eyes.

“Can’t say for sure, but it looks that way.” He sighed leaned back in the chair. “Can I be honest?”

“I’d appreciate it.”

“She’s so much like me, it scares me. Yet at the same time, I can’t help but be proud.”

Chief Vick smiled as she leaned back. “So I’m going to have a junior psychic running around my station?”

“If she wants to.” Shawn couldn’t help but smile.

“She’s too young to have already lost her mother.” The chief murmured.

“She really is.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was she being so calm during this? Most people would be freaking out by now. Lassiter had to hold in a laugh, maybe she was more like her father than he’d realized.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Is she hiding something?”

“You tell me psychic.” A knowing smile came on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lassiter sighed and turned to face her. “Ok.”

“What I’m about to tell you doesn’t leave us and Shawn. If I make it through this, I’ll be the one to tell him. Otherwise, you are to act like you don’t know.”

Now she had his interest. “Ok.”

“If someone acts like they know this, you don’t say a word unless they give you the passcode.”

“And that is?” He was really interested now.

“Sagittarius” She fidgeted, not in pain but almost nervously.

“Ok, what do I need to tell Spencer?”

She let out a sigh. “We have to go back to 2002 to answer that…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maximum Security Prison: Alexandria VA- Present Day

“Doesn’t get unnerving?”

The veteran guard laughed softly as he turned to his rookie partner. “What?”

“This, night after night. Staring at the monitors, staring at a bunch of psychopaths. I mean these are the worst of the worst, they came from the…”

“I know where they came from.” He quickly cut off his partner. For a second, silence ruled as they stared at the monitors. Each one had a face, each face the senior guard knew haunted someone’s nightmares.

“How do you deal with this night after night?”

“Because I know that there are people out there who sleep better at night knowing we keep them in here. I know that there are people out that gave way more than they should have to, to put them behind bars.”

The rookie started to respond, but stopped when lights started to flash. The veteran grabbed the red phone beside him. “We’ve got a Code Gamma, I repeat Code Gamma.” He turned back to the screens and saw the faces, that is until he came to a blank one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that you never have to read this note. If you are, I know what that and first and foremost I want you to stop blaming yourself. Whatever happened to me is not your fault so stop telling yourself that. Secondly, always remember that I love you and have always been proud of you.
Chapter End Notes:
That's it for now. Sydney and I finally figured out how to make this gel so the next little bit should be up soon. Until then, reviews are like candy and thanks for reading. :)


Enter the security code shown below: